Friday, May 15, 2009

Check Up

I went for my post-op check up today and I had lost 4 pounds; now I only have 31 pounds to go. I would like to lose more but I will start with 31, that amount sounds more attainable than 50 or 60 pounds. I talked to my doctor about getting some exercise and she said I could walk some, but not to over do it. I had planned to start walking tomorrow but the weathermen are giving a 90% chance for rain. However, I do have my stationary bike down at my husbands shop I can ride. First, I will have to get my husband to blow all the dust off with his air compressor. It has been over a year since I've ridden it. I have had the bike three years and it has been used very little. My husband predicted that would happen when I asked for it. Now, I plan to prove him wrong. Not that he would mind at all. He would love to see me lose some weight. However, he is subtle in how he says it (ex. saying little things like "Sissy use to look good"). Unlike my mother, who can be rude. The day after I had my bladder surgery she came by to visit and the first thing she said after asking how I was feeling was that I needed to have the lap band surgery done now and lose some weight... ... ... ... honor... thy mother...I managed to tell her, calmly, that I had no plans of having any surgery to lose weight but that I did have plans to lose some weight. I cannot imagine ever saying such a thing to one of my children but you would have to know my mother. I honestly believe she thinks she is helping ... anyway, I know that she will be happy when I start losing weight. Thank God I have a wonderful and understanding husband......

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...I am a little older than you and have a similar amount to lose. Menopause hit me hard, by slowing down a once incredible metabolism. Meds didn't help. Ugh. I am seriously dieting, now. Trying to cut out carbs and stick with mostly protein, fruits, veggies and some raw nuts (some would say I am a raw nut!). Would you like to support one another in this effort??

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete