Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Weight Is a Problem



Trying to keep up with two blogs is a little more difficult than I had thought it would be. Last week my keyboard stopped working and I was not able to post. I finally got it replaced on Saturday but it being the weekend I was blessed with having my family around for most of it and did not get on the computer very much. This is week 5 since my surgery and I am looking forward to being released next week from my doctor so I can get back to doing all that I did before. I have started walking this week. I got up early and walked a mile Monday morning. That is the only day that I walked in the morning; I have walked in the evening the following two days. The days are starting to heat up early so I have been working in the garden and in my flowers early so I can be back inside before it gets too hot. Then I do my inside work. I have gotten very discouraged with my weight. It seems that I am playing around with 5 or 6 pounds. I will lose them and gain them back a few weeks later. I am frustrated and miserable being over weight. I weigh more now than I have ever weighed in my life and it is really affecting the way I feel and get around. Maybe my mom was right when she suggested I get the lap band. I do not want to do that and I continue to pray to God for the guidance that I need to lose this weight that is slowing me down and threatening my health. I may have to start walking in the morning and evening. I have cut out most of my soft drinks and have been paying close attention to what I eat. There are still a few areas that I can improve on and I hope to do so. I have tried not to give up everything I like because I don't want to feel like I am being deprived of something. In the past this is where I have always gone wrong. This time if there is something I really want to eat, I do but I only eat a small amount of it. Since I enjoy my soft drinks, I have tried to limit myself to one each morning. However, I have been guilty of drinking one when we go out and eat with the family on Friday (Thai) nights. I need to change this. I hope to talk with my doctor about my weight problem next week and see if she has any suggestions. Unil then please pray for me. I definately need all the help I can get.


Ladies Prayer


Now I lay me

Down to sleep.

I pray the lord

My shape to keep.

Please no wrinkles

Please no bags

And please lift my butt

Before it sags.

Please no age spots

Please no gray

And as for my belly,

Please take it away

Please keep me healthy

Please keep me young,

And thank you Dear Lord

for all that you've done!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Elizabeth, You are in my prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you. I know the struggle of being released from the weight that God did not plan for us to carry around. At the moment I have been released from 84.5 lbs and counting. I share a lot about my weight loss journey on my blog, under the Label Weigh In.

    May God be gracious to you precious sister and bless you and make His face shine upon you. amen amen amen

    ReplyDelete