Monday, June 22, 2009

Back To My Yardwork

Friday I went to the doctor for my 6 weeks check up and everything went well. She said she wouldn't have to see me again unless I started having complications and needed to come back. Saturday morning I got up early and started catching up on some much needed yard work. I was up early again this morning (5:30) working in the yard. I had to be over at Skylar's, my nephew, at 8:00 a.m. to help with some of his care. While giving his bath I discovered that the pressure sore on the bottom of his foot is really bad but he continues to refuse to go to the doctor. He had an appointment last week and refused to go. I don't know if he doesn't understand how serious this is or if maybe he doesn't care anymore. I can not begin to imagine what it is like to be 21 years old and be paralyzed from the neck down for almost 2 years. I pray that we are able to convince him to go to the doctor before it is too late to save his foot. I plan to try again tomorrow. I printed an article off the internet showing a foot ulcer similar to his. It also has a lot of valuable information if I can get him to read it. After I finished with him I came back home, with my 10 year-old niece, and lay down and rested for about an hour. Later I got up and did some housework and my husband was home around 3:30 p.m. My niece and I visited with him for a little while and we decided to make a pizza for supper. She helped make it and we ate supper around 5:00. After supper I went back out and work in the vegetable garden until around 8:00 p.m. I should start losing some weight now. I usually drop 15 - 20 pounds in the summer, however, I don't think I will be as successful at losing that much this summer. Although I wish I could.... But for now, I need to get in the bed and get some rest. I am looking forward to working again in the garden in the morning. Please remember Skylar in your prayers. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,
    I am so enjoying reading both of your blogs, I found you through reading another blog. I can'r even remember what blog it was. LOL I am glad i found your blogs though.
    I will be adding your nephew to my prayer list, and you as well as you get stonger. I am an avid gardener and I know what it is like to want to be out but can't.
    Blesssings,
    sue

    ReplyDelete