Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting Old-Poem


THEN

~ Author Unknown ~

When I was in my younger days,

I weighed a few pounds less,

I needn't hold my tummy in

To wear a belted dress.

But now that I am older,

I've set my body free;

There's comfort of elastic

Where once my waist would be.

Inventor of those high-heeled shoes

My feet have not forgiven;

I have to wear a nine now,

But used to wear a seven.

And how about those pantyhose--

They're sized by weight, you see,

So how come when I put them on,

The crotch is at my knee?

I need to wear these glasses

As the prints been getting smaller,

And it wasn't very long ago,

I know that I was taller!

Though my hair has turned to gray

And my skin no longer fits,

On the inside, I'm the same old me

It's the outside that's changed a bit.....

No comments:

Post a Comment