Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday-Day of Rest


I have not managed this new blog very well. When I started it I had hoped to use it as a daily journal but I can see that is going to be hard to do. It is difficult sometimes to find the time to post. However, I know I could do better. We have been puppy sitting Maya, our daughter's little Yorkie pup, since last Monday. We will be keeping her until Tuesday. Maya is a very ACTIVE little dog. Wednesday, I had a dentist appointment to get my teeth cleaned. It had been a year since the last time I was there. I usually go every 6 months but I had to cancel my scheduled appointment last October for some reason that I don't remember and it has taken me until now to get another one. Since I am with Skylar, my nephew, until after noon each day I have a small window of time that I can make appointments; but I manage anyway. While I was out I decided to run by Wal-mart and Kroger to buy groceries and pick up a few other items that we needed. It seems like it has been longer than 2 weeks since I have been out on my own and I enjoyed it. Thursday, Skylar and I both had appointments to get our hair cut with the same stylist ( mine was 10:00 a.m. and his was afterwards) so I went by his house and loaded him in his van and we went together. He also had high lights put in his hair that I had to finish processing and rinse out for him when we got back to his house. I also blow dried and styled his hair, fixed him lunch and fed him before I left to come back home. I came back home and combed Maya and washed her some; did a load of laundry and picked up Maya's toys that were scattered all over the house. Afterwards, Lauren , my niece and Skylar's little sister, called and asked if she could spend the night, school is out for the summer, I said yes and she came over. I started preparing supper which consisted of baked beans, corn on cob, baked potato skins (new red potaoes cut in half and cooked until soft in microwave ; then topped with butter, cheddar cheese, bacon bits & chives and placed in oven for 20 minutes) macaroni and cheese, grilled hamburgers, chicken and smoked sausage and iced sweet tea. Then I did the dishes, spent time with my husband, played with Maya, took a bath, Lauren slept on the love seat in the den and I slept on the sofa. I have been sleeping on the sofa since I had surgery because our bed is too high for me to get in and out of easily. Friday, I did a few loads of laundry, washed , dried & ironed some of Skylar's shirts ( he likes for me to care for some of his favorite clothes, he is very particular), played with Maya and Lauren, washed Maya's bed and some of her cloth toys, cleaned the kitchen, mopped all the floors because Maya isn't completely house trained yet....put away laundry. fixed lunch....My husband and I went out to eat dinner. I did very good and only had a salad. Saturday, I worked in the yard pulling weeds and planting a few red geraniums and marigolds. I used a small hand shovel to dig and plant since I still have a few weeks to go before the doctor releases me from my surgery and gives me the okay to all the things I normally do. I actually rested today, I think I may have did too much yesterday. I cooked breakfast this morning but that is about it. The rest of the day Maya and I have stayed on the sofa and watched tv. I did manage to get up and fix taco salad for supper. We do not have plans for tomorrow. We will probably work around here since we have so much to do. I don't have hubby at home very often to help me so I may very well take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment